Michigan Tax Credit
Beyond the tax credit...
For 20 years, the Michigan Tax Credit for gifts to community foundations was appreciated by donors and nonprofits alike. We were the first state in the country to have such a tax credit and the stories of how it helped grow the endowed assets of community foundations to more than $2 billion are inspiring. The tax credit has been eliminated after Decemer 31, 2011, but here are some
Great Reasons to Keep Giving!
- Ten years' worth of $400 gifts equals more than $4,000. Over 50 years, that $4,000 generates over $16,000 in grants into the community and has grown to a balance of over $17,000...which will keep growing and granting For Good. For Ever. Endowment rocks!
- Your past gifts have helped build the endowments of over 100 area nonprofits, helping them sustain their mission. They still need your support!
- We're building community. The Frauenthal Center, GVSU's water & alternative energy institutions, support for agencies from Agewell Services to the YMCA, public art, and millions in scholarships to thousands of students...these are just a few examples of how your gifts are making real and lasting change.
- We make giving easy, whether it's a $25 gift online, a $2,500 check, or a $2.5 million estate gift.
- We can help you turn ideas into reality. Just ask Lou Eklund, who wanted to put safety lights on the pier, or Norma Horan, who thought Hackley Park could use some perking up with flowers.
- You love Muskegon County and believe in its future. We do, too!