There are many reasons to choose an Advised Fund at the Foundation. It gives you, the donor, the greatest number of giving options and allows you to designate grants to the qualified nonprofits of your choice at any time. Further, you receive the maximum tax benefits without the hassle of administrative details involved with a private foundation. There are no costs to set up your fund and no annual tax returns to prepare.
How it works
- Create a fund with $10,000 or more (or start a Build A Fund with $500 and "save up" for your Advised Fund).
- You can take an immediate tax deduction, and take your time making grants. There is no annual minimum of grant recommendations and you can add to your fund at any time.
- You can designate grants to any qualifying charity.
- You choose whether or not to give anonymously – on a grant-by-grant basis.
- You can involve family members in giving conversations, and you can name your children as Successor Advisors to the fund.
- With corporate funds you name the fund and designate the individuals who are authorized to recommend grants –the CEO and board, the PR or HR department, or an employee committee.
- We invest the money and handle all of the fund administration – from cutting the checks to providing online access to your fund balance and giving and grant-making activity.
- We perform due diligence on all recommended charities, ensuring proper public registration, so you don’t have to.